ShareThis

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Apologies for the delayed post, I've been off fighting gardens, illness and bears (I've got a great story about the last one, not even one word of it truthful)

Starting off where the last post finished, what could turn an excellent day at the zoo into arguably the greatest day of all?

Three lads from England, known collectively as Muse rocked out Rod Laver Arena last tuesday night, and along with some of my best mates was in the crowd going off my nut. Described by a friend many moons ago as inventing 'genius rock'; I have not only been one of their biggest fans since as long as I remember my love affair with music starting; but have craved seeing them live for just as long. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, pick up a copy of their live DVD H.A.A.R.P and immerse yourself into the beautiful construction of sound they provide.

Unfortunately my camera had run out of power by this stage, but I have managed to pinch a couple of photos from various sources (acknowledgement to de-tec-tive, Erato, djcjistha11, the Herald Sun and finally from the phone of my good friend Ione Fisher)






I have seen some absolutely topnotch concerts this year (John Mayer, Florence and the Machines and Angus and Julia Stone to say the least) but this was a level beyond that. Expansive sets, the greatest lights show I've ever beared witness to and an epic set list (See here) resulted in possibly the only experience I've ever had where a 40,000 seat venue felt too small for the sound I was hearing.

Unfortuantely the crowd was a bit of a let down (perhaps only around where we sat) but nevertheless, me and my mates provided copious amounts of airguitar, headbanging and generally going wild. In true rock style, we were escorted by security back to our seats after rushing the barricades when the opening riff to Stockholm Syndrome started. Fortunately it was at this stage the crowd started to get going so we could properly go off our nut in the crowd. Suffice to say, this led to us going even crazier than before.

With that said and done, one of the greatest days of my life was done.

I only pray there will be more days like this.
Peace out!

1. Play Laser Tag in a Suit
2. Play in my Church's Worship Band. 
3. Go on a spontaneous roadtrip
4. Watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain. 
5. Throw Darts at Paint-filled balloons.  
6. Go Paintballing
7. Go to the Zoo
8. Have a Picnic
9. Go wild whilist listening to Muse/Radiohead (whichever comes first) live. 

1 comments:

Dave said...

thats not a riff, THIS is a riff.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 The Radical Change.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.