skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The hardest task on my list has been crossed off as of Wednesday the 29th of December, an 80km bike ride traversing the coastal area of Australia! Currently down at Port Fairy on the coast with my family for our annual holiday, today was the perfect opportunity to knock it off with the sun shining and the rain staying far away! My dad was able to join me for the first 20km before having a coffee with my mum, leaving me to finish the last 60km on my own.
I've done a couple of long rides (for my riding capacity anyway) this year, riding 70km with a friend earlier in the year but this was a beautiful ride; quite challenging physically and mentally however. Using parts of the incomplete Port Fairy to Warrnambool Rail Trail that has been under construction from mid-2007 and will finish sometime in 2011, it runs from the cusp of Port Fairy to the country town of Koroit and past the abandoned railway station, to the coastal city of Warrnambool, a slithering 40km ride each way.
With the trail not finished yet, I had to make my own way from Illowa to Warrnambool, following some (dodgy) country roads until I eventually was able to make the Princes highway and from there onto Warrnambool. The landscape was quite dry but with the rural setting was quite nice, especially from Koroit onwards through all the farmland and hills of the surrounding areas. The sun was definately shining bright, with my legs being absolutely roasted despite putting on copious amounts of sunscreen; I have the incredibly unfortunate (burn) tanline to prove it. Finishing the trek in under four hours, I can honestly stay the 'victory drink' I usually have at the end of a major achievement has never tasted so sweet.With that, the most physically punishing item off my bucketlist has been ticked off before New Years day, and I'm taking today to recover!
I trust that everyone is enjoying their Christmas breaks,
Enjoy whats left of 2010 and what 2011 may bring,
Jimmy.
1. Play Laser Tag in a Suit
2. Play in my Church's Worship Band.
3. Go on a spontaneous roadtrip
4. Watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain.
5. Throw Darts at Paint-filled balloons.
6. Go Paintballing
7. Go to the Zoo
8. Have a Picnic
9. Go wild whilist listening to Muse/Radiohead
(whichever comes first) live.
10. See three unknown/unsigned bands live.
11. Finish an 80km bike ride in one day
0 comments:
Post a Comment