.. to Christmas!
I want to take a few moments to talk about something thats been floating around my head as of late.
During Christmas, society gets caught up in the whole consumerism deal; spending ludicrous amounts to try and show their love to one another. People also head to church in droves to hear the carols and to hear the nativity story of baby Jesus and I must confess, I'm slowly getting sick of it all.
Don't get me wrong, I've spent my hard earned on presents for my friends, family and loved ones just like everyone else. I was at the rehearsal carols at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl last night and the Nativity Story is still one of the most loved bible 'stories' and I don't mind hearing it every year.
I just so desperately wish that people could learn that there is so much more to Christianity than Carols and the birth of Christ.
I wish that we could celebrate the entire life of Christ, and just not the birth.
I wish that people came in droves to church every week, just not out of a misguided sense of tradition.
I wish that people bought less, and gave more of themselves.
I wish ..
I wish ..
Romans 12:2 - Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
0 comments:
Post a Comment